Home › Singapore visa services › Employment pass

Learn more about Employment Pass in Singapore

If your firm has sent you to Singapore to work, you may be eligible for a number of work permits, one of which is the Singapore Employment Pass (EP). Here’s all you need to know about qualifying for and applying for this pass. An Employment Pass, often known as an EP, is a Singapore work visa provided by the Ministry of Manpower to foreign professional employees, managers, and owners or directors of Singaporean enterprises. This work visa permits you to live and work in Singapore, as well as travel in and out of the country without the need for entry visas. An Employment Pass is typically good for 1-2 years and can be renewed beyond that time. Possessing an EP also makes applying for permanent residence (PR) in Singapore easier.

Table of contents

How can I get an Employment Pass?

To be eligible for an Employment Singaporean Pass, you must:

➤ Earn a minimum fixed monthly income of S$3,600. This is frequently true for recent graduates. More experienced candidates may require higher pay to qualify.
➤ Holds a management, executive, or specialized position.
➤ A tertiary degree from a respected university is required. A good professional career experience and a high pay may be enough to compensate for a lack of schooling.

Please keep in mind that these are only guidelines; all EP applications are reviewed by authorities before approval is granted. There is no limit to the amount of EPs that can be issued to a Singapore-based employer.

What documents do I need for an Employment Pass?

➤ An EP Application Form 8, duly endorsed by the employing Singapore company
➤ A copy of your most recent resume and relevant educational certificates
➤ References/testimonials from previous employers
➤ A passport-size photograph of yourself taken within the last three months
➤ A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport
➤ A copy of the employing Singapore company's business profile
➤ A detailed description of your job duties
➤ A full explanation of the employing Singapore company's activity and/or goods

In addition to the eight documents listed above, you may be required to provide additional supporting documentation as needed. Any non-English documents must also be officially translated into English.

How long does it take to process an Employment Pass?

There are two options for submitting your Employment Pass application:

➤ If the employing Singapore company has an EP online account, you may register online. Online applications are typically processed within three weeks of submission.
➤ You may also submit a manual application, which allows you to attach all supporting documentation (which cannot be done online). Manual applications are typically processed within 8 weeks of submission.

Your application’s overall processing time may vary by several days or weeks. This is due to a number of criteria, including the credentials of the Singapore company hiring, the applicant’s qualifications, and the availability of supporting documentation.

How do I know if my Employment Pass has been approved?

When your EP application is granted, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) will send an In-Principle-Approval (IPA) letter to the address of the employing Singapore company. The IPA letter is valid for six months after it is issued.
To obtain your pass, you must travel to Singapore and show a copy of the IPA letter, your passport, and any additional documentation specified in the IPA letter. You will be awarded a one-time entry visa to enter Singapore and obtain your Employment Pass.
Your IPA letter may demand you to undergo a medical examination and provide the results when you get your visa. You can choose to have the medical test performed in your native country or when you arrive in Singapore.
You can pick up Dependent’s Passes and/or Long-Term Visit Passes for your family at the same time if you applied for both.
Please keep in mind that all EP applications are not regarded final until they have gotten In-Principle-Approval. Please do not make any prior plans to relocate.

Can I bring my family to live with me in Singapore?

You can if you earn a minimum monthly fixed wage of S$6000.
Spouses and children of successful Employment Pass holders are eligible to apply for a family visa known as a Dependent’s Pass (DP) during or after the EP is approved. DPs are automatically granted after the EP application is approved, and they expire at the same time as the EP.
Common-law spouses, unmarried disabled children (over 21 years old), and unmarried stepchildren (under 21 years old) of successful EP holders can apply for a Long-Term Visit Pass, which allows them to stay in the country for an extended period of time (LTVP). LTVPs, like DPs, are automatically granted after the EP application is approved and expire at the same time as the EP.

Parents of successful EP holders can apply for the LTVP as well, although the successful EP holder must earn a minimum salary of S$12,000 (from 1 January 2018 onwards) to qualify.

My work permit application has been rejected. What should I do?

Please contact us if your initial Employment Pass application is denied. We will collaborate closely with MOM to investigate the various reasons for the denial – and, if necessary, we will assist you in submitting an appeal that directly addresses these grounds.
Appeals are typically processed within 4-6 weeks and are likely to be approved after the additional information submitted is deemed suitable by MOM.

How do I renew my Employment Pass?

Three months before your EP expires, an Employment Pass renewal form will be mailed to your employer’s registered address. The renewal application must be completed and sent to MOM at least four weeks before the expiration date of your EP.
If your renewal application is granted, your employer will be notified. To obtain your new EP, you must go to the MOM office.

Share information

Ready to get started ?

Our dedicated immigration team can process your visa application quickly and reliably.

Request a quote