Home › Singapore visa services

Learn more about Visa Services in Singapore

Singapore has become the ideal economic and commercial hub in Southeast Asia, thanks in part to its innovative immigration rules that attract seasoned entrepreneurs and working professionals from all over the world. Learn more about the various work permit programmes in Singapore for international working professionals and entrepreneurs.

Table of contents

Employment Pass

The main sort of work visa for firm owners or skilled personnel who would be working in Singapore is the Employment Pass (EP). Your monthly fixed wage must be greater than S$3,600. There is no official quota system in place that restricts the number of EPs that can be granted.

Validity: An EP is issued for 1-2 years (at the discretion of authorities) and is renewed as long as the applicant remains employed by the company.

Qualifications: Company owners and professional workers with tertiary education and appropriate experience are eligible.

Quota System: There is no official quota system for EPs.

Eligibility for Permanent Residence: Employment Pass holders are entitled to apply for PR in the future.

Refer to the Singapore Employment Pass guide for further information about the EP.

Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass)

The Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) is a variant of the Employment Pass, and it is the primary type of work pass for owners of newly incorporated (or soon to be incorporated) Singapore enterprises who want to migrate to Singapore to operate their new business.

Validity: An EntrePass is valid for one year and is renewed as long as the firm remains successful.

Qualifications: Business owners who want to start a new firm or who have just started a company that is less than six months old. One of the new requirements announced in September 2013 must be met by the company.

Quota System: EntrePass does not have an established quota system.

Eligibility for Permanent Residence: Entrepreneur Pass holders are eligible to apply for PR in the future.

Refer to the Singapore EntrePass guide for further information about the EntrePass.

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)

The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is a sort of Employment Pass that is not associated with a single employer. The most significant advantage of having a PEP work permit is that you can change jobs without having to reapply for a new employment pass as long as you are not jobless for more than six months. The main disadvantage is that as a PEP holder, you are not permitted to start your own business because the pass is intended for you to be employed by a third-party employer. PEP eligibility conditions are fairly stringent.

Validity: PEP is valid for three years and is non-renewable.

Qualifications: Well-paid professionals seeking employment in Singapore. PEP holders are not permitted to create their own businesses in Singapore.

Quota System: There is no formal quota system in place for PEP.

Eligibility for Permanent Residence: PEP holders are entitled to apply for PR in the future.

Singapore S Pass

The S Pass is intended for mid-skilled workers with a monthly salary of at least $2,200. S Pass applicants are evaluated based on their employer’s quota eligibility and their qualifications. A bachelor’s degree or a diploma are required. Applicants with technical certifications may be considered as well. At least one year of full-time study should be required for certification.

Validity: S Passes are initially issued for 1-2 years (at the discretion of authorities) and are renewed thereafter as long as the applicant remains employed by the employer.

Qualifications: Mid-level technical staff.

Quota system: Yes, see Computation of a Company’s Quota Balance for additional information on quotas.

Eligibility for Permanent Residence: S pass holders are eligible to apply for PR. The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority’s (ICA) PR criteria will be used to evaluate the application.

Refer to the Singapore S Pass guide for further information about the S Pass.

Miscellaneous Work Pass

Foreigners working in Singapore on short-term assignments are awarded a Singapore Work Permit. A Miscellaneous Work Pass will be issued if you are involved in activities directly related to the organization or conduct of any seminar, conference, workshop, gathering, or talk concerning any religion, race or community, or political end; a foreign religious worker giving talks relating directly or indirectly to any religion; or a foreign journalist, reporter, or an accompanying crew member who is not sponsored by any Singapore Government agency. Other details concerning this strategy are as follows:

Validity: Short-term.

Quota System: No, each application is evaluated on its own merits.

Eligibility for Permanent Residence: Miscellaneous Work Pass holders are ineligible to apply for PR.

Dependent Pass

A Singapore Dependent’s Pass (DP) is a family relocation visa granted to spouses and unmarried children (under 21 years old) of Employment Pass/S Pass holders earning at least S$6,000 per month. See Dependent Pass for additional information.

Share information

Ready to get started ?

Our dedicated immigration team can process your visa application quickly and reliably.

Request a quote